Pages

Friday 6 May 2016

Making Predictions

Connected-Level 3 - Border Security - Keeping New Zealand Peat and Disease Free. 

It Seemed like a Good Idea at the Time by Bronwen Wall

WALT: I am learning to make predictions on the text by looking at the title,sub-titles and the visual cues.


I predicted that this article was about animals travelling from other countries to New Zealand and harming our environment because in the pictures I could see animals like rabbits that harm the environment.

After I read the article, I found out between 1884 and 1886, around 4000 ferrets, 3100 weasels, and 140 stoats were set free onto New Zealand farmland to kill the rabbits that were considered to be pests.
By Litia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.